The School of CoCSE (Continue'd)
The school is in the process of operationalizing the following five (5) laboratories:
- High Performance Computation and Visualization Laboratory for teaching and research in parallel and distributed computations, graphics, scientific visualization, and virtual reality applications.
- Software Engineering Laboratory for teaching and research in software engineering, management of large software projects with software metrics visualization, dynamic systems models, and project planning models and environments for software development.
- Robotics Research Laboratory for mobile and articulated robotics, multi-agent systems, machine learning, motion planning, human-robot interaction, biologically inspired robotics, and human activity recognition;
- Computer Networking Laboratory for computer communication networks, wireless networks, ad-hoc networks, peer-to-peer networks, network security, network modeling, network economics, network management and simulation, internet measurements, complex networks, social and biological networks.
- Telecommunications Laboratory for teaching and research in wireless communications, mobile telecommunications, computer networks, broadband communications, network management and conformance testing, OSI architecture, protocol verification and simulation, analysis and performance evaluation, distributed database design and management, ISDN, IBCN, LANs, WANs. The lab will also have an Optic Fibre and Optical Communication area for optical fibre coupling, alignment, testing and modeling; optical devices design; evaluation and testing; optical communication network design and prototyping.
Degree Programmes & Specializations
The School of CoCSE offers Master's and PhD degrees in:
- Mathematical and Computer Science and Engineering (MCSE);
- Information and Communication Science and Engineering (ICSE).
Mathematical and Computer Sciences & Engineering (MCSE)
The MCSE programme is an interdisciplinary programme with two specialties:
- Applied Mathematics and Computational Science focusing on the use of mathematical modeling and computer simulations to study and analyze physical systems, and
- Computer Science and Engineering which focuses on the study of computing architecture, operating systems and an in-depth coverage of designing algorithms and their efficient implementation in software for various tasks including data mining, intelligent systems and parallel and distributed systems.